Amazing lesson in a Danish public school.

We now started our practice session in Danish schools.

I am in a first grade class, so pupils who are seven years old.

I saw an amazing lesson on my second day of observation, a lesson of woodcraft.

Only in special schools, and with older pupils, this kind of lesson exists in Belgium. Here, it was done with seven years old pupils and one teacher.

The objective was to make the pupils do a gun shape in a piece of wood by using the saw.

I found, at first, the room and the equipment of very good quality for a school which was not made to teach woodcraft.

I was then surprised by the trust of the teacher in his pupils. He was just there to help them, not to make sure they would not cut themselves or play with dangerous tools. And the behaviour of the pupils was up to the expectations of the teacher as they were all working with their tool and their piece of wood and respecting the security rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment